Monday, August 6, 2012

A Taste of Gold

Au, gold, an element that sparkles in the light, in some cultures it is even eaten on chocolate. What I mostly associate it with is the ultimate show of how you are better than anyone in the world at your sport. Anyone who has accomplished anything in sports has a gold medal around their necks and the taste of victory on their lips. Memories of the moment their national anthem played and when they were bestowed with a reward for their struggles.


 It takes 4 years of hard training to get to where you can get in your arena and perform to the audience to prove that you are better than anyone on the entire earth at what you do. For me it is swimming that I am working to achieve this aspirational goal in, and every practice i hit the pool with times, goals, and images of all the people i need to work to beat in the front of my head pushing me to do my best no matter how i feel. I guess what I really want to achieve is to push my body to the extent of what it can be and know i don't have anything left and i haven't anything to spare. I don't want to waste an ounce of my talent. I want to be all that i can be. I just hope all that i can be is better than all everyone else can be when it comes down to the ultimate race. The Olympics. If I can get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Life, For The Win by Leah Hubert is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.