Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Cherries!

My favorite fruit of the summer is cherries. In particular I truly love ranier cherries. They do not look like the normal red cherries that come to mind when you think of cherries instead they are red, orange, and yellow. When they come into season during late June and early July they are plump, firm, juicy, and sweet. When I get around to the grocery store and find these in the fresh fruit section, I buy about 4 bags and begin to devour them with almost every meal! A serving of these low fat, high fiber, and cholesterol free fruits is about a cup and only has a total of 90 calories. I love to pair them with a whole grain bagel for breakfast and put them on salads for lunch. Then if I'm not feeling completely indulged i have a glass of cran-raz juice and some cherries for desert. YUM!

Go visit your local grocery store and check the produce section for some delicious seasonal fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Life, For The Win by Leah Hubert is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.