Tuesday, June 26, 2012

OLYMPIC TRIALS

Yes the time is here! Every 4 years there is an event where swimming goes to levels sometimes even more competitive than the olympics, the OLYMPIC TRIALS. No swimmer goes to the olympics without going to the olympic trials in Omaha, Nebraska. Today I am watching some amazing swimmers I know there. However there are some amazing swimmers out there who I don't know, but the spirit of the sport has me face to the tv, cheering them on as I would for my best friend at the summer league meets. Swimming is not only a sport, but a lifestyle. When you become a part of the swimming community everyone's wins are your wins, because even if your archrival in your group does well it means that you have someone to compete against in practice, to push to you to be YOUR best as well. Well that is how I feel about it at least, other people feel differently, but I feel that if you lose at least you should know you put it all in the pool and you COULDN'T have done any better. Good Luck to Jack Conger, Sarah Haase, Katie Ledecky, and all the other swimmers at Trials!
Results are at Omega Timing:
http://www.omegatiming.com/Competition?id=00010C0102FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF&sport=AQ&year=2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Life, For The Win by Leah Hubert is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.